Pages

Monday, March 18, 2013

Wonton cups appetizer with avocado filling


Wonton cups !

I was watching the food network and Giada was making tilapia tacos with the wonton wrappers. I loved the look of it and during the weekend grocery shopping, wonton wrappers was added to the shopping list.
Next was to come up with a delicious filling recipe. Everything I looked into has meat in the recipe.
So, I came up with this recipe after researching for lot of different ones.

I think I can safely say that I created this filling recipe :) The outcome was very yummy. I even filled one with some leftover chocolate filling and my daughter loved it.

The wonton wrappers can be transformed into such fancy looking bite sized appetizers. You have to see it to believe it :) . The recipe follows.

I am not sure if we get the wonton wrappers in India!!.  I hope we get it. It makes life so much easier.


Ingredients:

Wonton wrappers - 2 per person ( I used 6 wonton wrappers)
Avocado - 1 cut into 1/2 inch pieces
Onion - 1 small, chopped finely or onion powder
Wonton wrapper cups ready in the oven
Cream cheese - 1 ounce
Coriander leaves - chopped finely, 1 tablespoon
Salt and pepper - 1/4 teaspoon each
Lemon Juice - 1 tablespoon

Preparation:

Pre heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Brush the muffin pan with oil.
Place the wrappers such that it forms a cup. Brush oil on the wonton wrappers.
Bake it in oven for 5 to 6 minutes.
Take it out of the muffin pan and let it cool.

Wonton cups cooling in the rack

While it cools, make the filling.

In a bowl, mix  the following:

  •   Avocado Pieces
  •   Cream Cheese
  •   Chopped Onion
  •   Chopped Coriander Leaves / Cilantro
  •   Salt 
  •   Pepper
Add lemon juice and mix well.

Once the filling is ready, add a teaspoon full in each of the wonton cups.

Wonton cups and the filling

Decorate it with a coriander leaf. It will make yummy and pretty looking appetizer for parties.

You may even make into mini rolls and fry them in oil. I did a couple of wonton wraps and it tasted yummy

Wonton cups completed
Wonton cup filled with chocolate
  

No comments:

Post a Comment