Pages

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Kovakkai Varuval - Kovakkai Stir Fry


Kovakkai ( Ivy Gourd) is supposedly very very good for health. I have never had much of these in my childhood days as it is not that common in my hometown those days. Only after I came to Bangalore, I started making this more often. Now, my kid likes it very much and it has made its way into our weekly veggies list :)

Making this fry is quite simple. The only work is to slice the vegetables into thin rounds. But if you can cut this the day before, then it makes very easy to prepare this.

Ingredients:

  • Kovakkai/Tindla - 100 gms
  • Salt - As per taste
  • Chilli Powder - 1 teaspoon
  • Turmeric Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
  • Oil - 2 tablespoons

Note: Use chili powder as per your taste.I use less to make it kid friendly.

Preparation:

  • Wash and slice the kovakkai into thin rounds.
  • Heat oil in a pan.
  • Once the oil is heated, add the sliced vegetable to it.Stir it for a few minutes and then add salt, chilly powder and turmeric powder.

  • Let it roast in low flame till it gets cooked. If required, just sprinkle a little of water once.
  • Let it get roasted well and then remove from the stove and transfer it to a serving dish.
  • This will go well with sambhar or dal rice / rasam rice or curd rice



No comments:

Post a Comment